Who and What is the Adelaide Choral Network?
Adelaide Choral Network Inc is a not-for-profit Association bringing Adelaide’s choral community together to celebrate the breadth and vitality of South Australia’s choral activity and explore future possibilities.
Key focus points of ACN:
- aid in the practicalities of coordinating a busy choral scene
- facilitate communication, cooperation and networking in Adelaide’s choral community
- celebrate the existing programs of Adelaide diverse choral communities
- provide a springboard for the development of collaborative projects
- develop a long term concept to raise the profile of choral music making
- facilitate new initiatives which promote and explore the social and health benefits of singing
- encourage participation in choral singing by the broadest possible range of people
- highlight the place of choral singing within the greater cultural landscape
- elevate Adelaide’s recognition as a UNESCO City of Music
- provide higher-level guidance, support and advocacy for Adelaide’s choral community in keeping with the status of Adelaide as a UNESCO City of Music